Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an incredibly effective way to market your local business online. It helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the exact time they’re looking for them online. This is achieved through a variety of methods, some of which differ greatly from what’s practiced in standard SEO.
- Make Sure Your NAP is Consistent
- Build Local Citations
- Google My Business Listings
- Optimize Website Pages and Content for Local Keywords
- Mobile Optimization and AMP
- Schema and Local Structured Data Markup for Local Businesses
- Embedded Maps
- Voice Search and Digital Assistants
- Local PPC
- Local Directories
What local businesses need most to improve traffic to their websites or through their doors is visibility on what’s known as the ‘local pack’ or ‘3-pack’. This is the block of three business listings that appear below the map in the results displayed after a Google search with local intent.